New Cadets - Registration
The 632 staff and Sponsoring Committee are pleased to welcome all new cadets and parents on August 30th, 2017.
New cadet registration is at 7:00 pm on August 30th, at our Wednesday location, Béatrice-Desloges High School. Please use the front entrance of the school, staff and Sponsoring Committee will be there to welcome and direct you.
For additional information on joining, please visit our Joining page.
The 632 staff and Sponsoring Committee are pleased to welcome everyone back on September 13th, 2017.
During the year, be sure to check the "keeping informed" section of our website for weekly information updates.
The first activity is from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm on September 13th, at our Wednesday location, Béatrice-Desloges High School in summer dress uniform for all returning cadets. Information for new cadets is available at this link. Use the front entrance of the school, staff and Sponsoring Committee will be there to welcome and direct you.
Annual Information Validation and Health Questionnaire forms will be provided to each cadet. Your information needs to be verified and parents/guardians are required to sign and return the forms immediately.
Message from the Squadron Sponsoring Committee
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee is looking for volunteers for the 2017-2018 training year. Examples of some of the roles we need to fill can be found below:
Kit Shop Management
- Manage Kit Shop inventory
- Determine schedule for Kit Shop availability
- Set up and staff Kit Shop table
- Accept payments and remit to treasurer
- Identify new products for kit shop sales
Work with Squadron Staff to:
- Order buses for squadron field trips
- Place catering orders, as required for Field Training Exercises or other event (Mess Dinner, etc.)
- Identify and book locations for Field Training Exercises and other events (Mess Dinner, etc)
- Other bookings/reservations as required.
- Event Management
Work with Squadron Staff and other SSC members to:
- Plan the Annual Mess Dinner
- Identify Location/Venue
- Select Caterer
- Identify and Secure Guest Speaker
- Identify and Secure Music/Band
- Manage Invitations and Sign Up
- Tag Days
- Identify and secure date(s)
- Secure locations
- Manage sign up and schedule
- Cadet Lottery
- Manage and track lottery book distribution
- Collect funds and remit to treasurer
- Track ticket stub returns
- Remit ticket stubs and funds to Ontario Provincial League
If you are interested in one of these opportunities, please approach the Squadron Sponsoring Committee in the lobby at Béatrice Desloges on Wednesday night or contact David Bordeleau, 632 Squadron Sponsoring Committee Chair via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA Corporate Member Benefit Pricing
In line with our mandate to promote physical fitness, 632 has organised a corporate member pricing package (attached) with participating YMCA organisations.
This includes the Orléans Rudy Family, 265 Centrum Blvd, Orleans, Ontario, Canada K1E 3X7 and others.
In order for 632 Squadron to activate the member benefit, we need to first gather a list of a minimum of 20 interested individuals from our cadets, their families, staff and Sponsoring Committee. If you are interested, please provide the following information to Lt Ryan Pascal (email@example.com):
- First and Last Name of the Cadet
- First and Last Name of the Parent/Guardian
- Phone number where we can reach you
Once we have a list of 20, we will provide this information to the YMCA, and we will provide each individual with a letter confirming membership with 632. You will then be able to register with the pricing package you decide as per the attached document.
632 SQN YMCA Corporate Member Benefit Pricing